FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator export to PNG adds extra pixels

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Carlson
Illustrator export to PNG adds extra pixels
on Mar 2, 2012 at 3:24:39 pm

I have designed a graphic to be used in a Blu-ray Audio disc which lists tracks and will be converted to a "movie" which will play and change highlights as the soundtrack progresses. I created this at 1920 X 1080 pixels. When I export to PNG using the export command in Illustrator, I seem to be adding pixels to the right and at the bottom of the image. I'm sure there is a setting I have neglected to set, but don't know which one.

I will be importing the still images (one for each track) into Avid Media Composer and then creating a movie which will be saved as YUV 4:2:2 1920 X 1080. Any thoughts as to how I can keep my image size exactly the size of the artboard when exporting to PNG?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom Carlson

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
Re: Illustrator export to PNG adds extra pixels
on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:11:33 pm

I believe I may have figured it out. By making the color "transparent" in the export dialogue, I seemed to have eliminated the extra pixels. Don't really know enough about the program to know why it would extend beyond the artboard with the color set to white or black, but at least I have it working now.

Tom

Return to posts index

Reagan Holmes
Re: Illustrator export to PNG adds extra pixels
on Sep 8, 2017 at 10:16:17 pm

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, but my settings were already adjusted for transparent.

Does anyone else happen to have any ideas on this topic, please?
__
Nikki

¯¯
I found the solution!

When exporting the png, make sure to have "Use Artboards" selected. Voilà...problem solved!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]