FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rounding Corners

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Winter
Rounding Corners
on Feb 24, 2012 at 8:20:53 pm

Hi all,

I am having problems rounding corners on a path in adobe illustrator. The look I am trying to achieve is a house shape with rounded corners. To do this i created a house shape with the pen tool and then used the rounded corners effect to round the corners.

However as you can see from the image the two corners that meet the "roof" have not rounded as desired (they don't match the roundness of the other corners).

Does anyone know how to get this to work correctly?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Rounding Corners
on Feb 24, 2012 at 9:25:56 pm

What I might do to improve this would be something like:
1: Cut the paths, half way between the problem corners and the adjoining corners.
2: Adjust the corner radius effect on the 'problem' corners, until they are acceptable.
3: Re-join the paths.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Rounding Corners
on Feb 28, 2012 at 7:36:34 pm

One other option is to run, round any corners script... i found this great free set at

http://park12.wakwak.com/~shp/lc/et/en_aics_script.html#roundany

There is a bunch of really smart scripts here that can solve many everyday problems. just select the path point you want to round, run the script and punch in a value for the radius. again you are going to need to run a couple tests to get the right shape. It wouldn't be a bad idea to draw a reference circle so you know how you want the radius of the corners to look.

other way to fix this issue is with Xtreme Path... but it costs money. But it also does a bunch of really cool things.

http://www.cvalley.com/products/xtreampath/

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]