bezier not appearing with direct selction tool

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Bierbaum
bezier not appearing with direct selction tool
on Dec 10, 2011 at 3:08:34 am

Hey guys,

I'm working in CS5 on mac.

When I create a path with the pen tool, then switch to direct selection tool and click on the path the points don't appear. When I hover over a point it will display "point" in small text, but when I click or double click on the point the bezier handles don't appear. If I drag the point I can see the handles but they disappear when I let go. dragging a marquee around the point or multiple points doesn't select them either.

When I open another file and try out the direct selection tool it works fine.

I've reset the default program settings and it hasn't corrected the issue. Anyone know what the solution is?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: bezier not appearing with direct selction tool
on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:27:11 pm

Hi Tim,

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, and I'm curious if you've found a solution.
If I don't know an answer, I'll let the thread age so that someone who does know will answer the question.

Initially I thought it was a Ctrl+U or View / Smart Guides issue, but your indication of the 'point' prompt left me curious, but it seems that this is not the issue.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Dec 14, 2011 at 11:12:02 pm

If you trashed your preferences and it still doesn't work, then chances are your file got corrupted one way or the other and have to start over. It happened to me before.

Return to posts index

Christina Romano
on Sep 11, 2015 at 5:42:55 am

[Cntrl]or [Cmd]+[H]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]