FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would you make this 70's style groovy star?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
How would you make this 70's style groovy star?
on Nov 14, 2011 at 6:06:07 pm

I'm not sure if there is a name for these types of 'stars' - if anyone knows please tell me.
Anyway, I'm trying to make one mathematically perfect and so far i've tried making circles and then connecting them with the pen tool but it's not really working. I've tried messing with the star tool and that isn't getting me anywhere either. How would you do it?
Here is the shape:

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
Re: How would you make this 70's style groovy star?
on Nov 14, 2011 at 6:32:36 pm

Ok well, I'm getting better at it - still not perfect and would love to know if there is a faster - more precise way to do this. This time I drew the center circle and a circle for one of the outer arms - then with the pen tool drew the connections from outer circle to inner circle. - This is the hardest part to get perfect.
Then I used the rotate tool (360/6) to copy and distribute the other 5 arms evenly around the circle. Then for the inner 'scoops' I made small circles and placed them between the tangents - but i had to make some of them different sizes to fit right so it isn't precise.
Here is the result.

Any better way to do this?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How would you make this 70's style groovy star?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:29:08 pm

Looks like your approach is working.
You should probably be able to find a font that has that shape, as an asterisk.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]