FORUMS: list search recent posts

Everything is off by 90°!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Gill
Everything is off by 90°!
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:24:37 pm

Good Morning,

I have an odd question. I just lost a hard drive and had to reinstall all my programs. I find now that when I place text in Illustrator it immediately positions it vertically up and down the page, not horizontally as it should.

My arrow keypad is also 90° off. When I hit the up arrow, the item moves left, left arrow, item moves down, etc.

I'm sure it's something simple (I hope), but I can't seem to remedy the situation. This only happens in Illustrator, not InDesign or Photoshop.

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks is advance.

Bill

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Everything is off by 90°!
on Nov 4, 2011 at 5:04:18 pm

Hard to say. I hope some others can chime in on this.
So, I'm thinking that you also did a clean install of your OS.
Sounds like you're saying that the directional keys/arrows work correctly within the OS, like selecting different files in a folder or on your desktop?
Is it possible that you're using some sort of special keyboard that requires a driver?

Make sure you've also done all of the OS updates, and Adobe app updates, and restart your system.

These are just a few starter ideas.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

William Gill
on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:19:23 pm

Vince,
Thanks for the reply - out of the office for a couple of days.
Yes, clean install of OS (XP), CS3 and all else except data which was on the server.
Oddly enough the arrow keys work fine in InDesign, Photoshop, etc. Just having the problem with Illustrator.
Bill

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:12:02 pm

Total guess, but maybe try quitting Illustrator, then trash preferences.??
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/325/325613.html

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

William Gill
on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:56:44 pm

Nice thought, but no joy :-(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]