FORUMS: list search recent posts

aligning curved paths/separated anchor points

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Leon
aligning curved paths/separated anchor points
on Oct 24, 2011 at 12:10:50 am

Ok so i'm trying to recreate a logo that was made for me awhile ago. I never could find the original font so I've began outlining the cursive "L" with the pen tool. My problem is this:
How do i line up these curved paths that are broken but still within the same closed shape? accuratley, smoothly, and quickly. You can see I've added a YELLOW curved line as a guide but there has to be an easier more efficent way, correct?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: aligning curved paths/separated anchor points
on Oct 24, 2011 at 2:10:26 pm

Looks like the way that you are doing it will work. Just make sure you're zoomed in as far as you can go. Don't forget that Illustrators zoom will allow you to make adjustments that go well beyond the limits of human visual perception.

Another option might be to redraw the cursive path as a single stroke, with minimal points, maybe about 7, then apply a calligraphic brush.
Make adjustments to the path and brush settings until you have a good match.
This might be a more correct approach, aside from having a font that this may have been created with.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]