FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make an object out of Floral Vector?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Megan Chichester
How to make an object out of Floral Vector?
on Sep 30, 2011 at 8:00:46 pm

Hi, Everyone,
How does one take flowers or any other art element and conform them to say, the shape of a shoe, house, hand, etc.?

Is there a simpler way than resizing and rotating each piece individually and placing them over an outlined object guide in Illustrator?

Attached is an example of what I'd like to achieve.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How to make an object out of Floral Vector?
on Sep 30, 2011 at 10:17:27 pm

The joke that I often like to use is:
Sure just Effect/Stylize/Awesome Fill Pattern.
It's right between Awesome Billboard and Awesome Vehicle Wrap.

Kidding aside...

In those examples, it looks like all of the elements were carefully placed.

Another approach might be to start by creating clipping masks for the primary forms - the house, the shoe, etc.
Then taking your various fill components, the flowers and whatever, and creating scatter brushes. Edit the settings, whatever.
Then use your primary forms as clipping masks.
You would likely still have to manually place some elements, and the clipping masks would likely hide parts of some of the brushes, soyou'd have to play around with it a bit.

Illustrator has a ton of built-in symbols and patterns that you might find useful. Although, I used to operate under the idea that I had to create everything from scratch, everyone gets custom work.
I don't operate that way anymore. If I can buy a vector for $6 or $120, and it's pretty close to what I need, I buy it.
So, you might draw all of the fill components, or maybe buy a vector pack that has components that you like.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]