FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate concentric dots while keeping numbers upright

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zack Mulvaney
Duplicate concentric dots while keeping numbers upright
on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:49:04 am

I'm trying to illustrate several concentric circles shaped with dots containing numbers, as follows:

Right now, I'm creating the circle patterns by rotating copies of the shape by even degree amounts. Each circle aside from the center one is a multiple of 6. Then I divide the number of dots in that circle by 360 degrees to determine the degree to which I must space the rotation of each dot in that circle from the previous one (always using the center of the dot in the very middle as an anchor point). The problem is that I want these circles to contain numbers, the orientation of which should not be rotated. Like above, the numbers should be 'upright.' So, simply copying a circle containing a number and rotating multiple copies of that circle is insufficient (i'll just end up with a bunch of rotated numbers).

Any ideas on how to on a very large scale (maybe 100 concentric circles made of dots), create this illustration and ultimately have the numbers upright (without manually making each number upright through individual rotation)?

Return to posts index

Stuart Gill
Re: Duplicate concentric dots while keeping numbers upright
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:48:45 am

Zack,

There is a plugin I used to use which can rotate any text back to its original horizontal orientation. Not sure if it will work in CS4 or 5 though.

Here is the link, look for rotate text. It is a free plugin.

http://rj-graffix.com/software/plugins.html

It might rotate on the insertion point of the text, so you will have to adjust the insertion point position and move it to the centre of the text object - vertically and horizontally.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]