FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to prepare Illustrator logo art with Photoshop elements

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debra Beleski Brown
How to prepare Illustrator logo art with Photoshop elements
on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:38:52 pm

I have designed a logo that will be used in a wide variety of print and web applications. It is made up of primarily vector art...outlined type and an icon. But I am using a photo as the background fill inside the icon shape.

What is the best way to construct the final art files so that I get optimum resolution of the leaf image for the largest applications (window signage) and efficient file sizes for the smaller applications (business card)? I want to provide the client with vector art (not jpegs or tiffs) and still have the photo be the appropriate resolution for a wide range of finished sizes for print and web.

Return to posts index

Megan Chichester
Re: How to prepare Illustrator logo art with Photoshop elements
on Sep 30, 2011 at 8:09:40 pm

Your output is only as good as your input. . .something I learned in school. It all depends on what the original size of your photo is. You can't increase your photo resolution. So if you have a 300 dpi photo that started out at a 5 inch x 7 inch size for example, then you can't increase the photo in size without losing print quality.

Basically you'd need to provide your client with two file types. One for print--which needs to be a minimum of 300 dpi, and one for web--which doesn't require high resolution files because web uses display mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]