FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would YOU do this?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Peller
How would YOU do this?
on Jun 15, 2011 at 6:53:10 pm

Hello, fellow creative illustrator users! I have a logo to make for a client and I'm not sure how to create the desired effect that he's looking for. I have a feeling that it's probably easy if I knew how to use the pathfinder properly, which always totally confuses me! Anyway, here is the project. Let me know how you might tackle this design puzzle:

My client has drawn exactly what he wants in Paint and wants me to recreate it in Illustrator. Here's his drawing:

So, he wants this helm shape surrounding the globe to have even lines of color (the blues, red and yellow) on them. So far, I've just traced the individual pieces of the helm with the pen tool and I have 9 different shapes that make it up. How might I correctly add the even lines of color to these shapes? Or should I go about this a different way?

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: How would YOU do this?
on Jun 25, 2011 at 5:11:05 pm

you could make a circle first, and then modify it to match the first inner shape, the red one.

The go to object>path>offset path to create a new path outer of the original one, the modify the points of that one to have the slight variations of it. you could modify it either with the direct selection tool, with the smooth tool or with the warp tool (or any of its siblings), the offset the path again, tweak it a little to get the shape you want and then group them together. Then group the shapes you already created with the pen tool, select both groups (the 9 shapes on top) and mask them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]