FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compound Paths

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Lucas
Compound Paths
on Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31:28 pm

Had a logo in Illustrator selected all the individual paths and converted the document to Version 8 so I could import into C4D. Everything showed up in C4D except for the text element of the logo I couldn't seem to select the text I tried with both the selection tool and direct selection tool. So Im went back to Illustrator turned off all the other layers apart from the text layers. After stumbling around (not that experienced with Ai) I converted the text to 'outlines' they were then selected. The only option, I think, I had was to convert the selected text to a compound path. I then saved the text compound path as version 8 and imported it into C4D to my amazement the whole logo came in as splines as I originally wanted.

Just wondering why the whole logo came in when only the text layers were on and selected in Ai?

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Compound Paths
on Jun 25, 2011 at 5:16:47 pm

Cinema 4D brings anything that appears on the page that might be confused with bezier objects. Try for example importing a document with guides on it. Regardless of whether they are visible or invisible they will show up in Cinema 4d as splines.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]