FORUMS: list search recent posts

Action palette quirk?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Boylan
Action palette quirk?
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:02:34 pm

I am working with Illustrator 9. I have an Action set that allows adding a dimensional effect to letters by making a series of copies each moved slightly down and to the right of the one before.
When I close and reopen Illustrator and run this Action set, the dimensional effect changes to right and up rather than right and down as it was recorded.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how I might fix it?

Thanks for any help,
Bob B

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Action palette quirk?
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:31:53 pm

In many programs, the 0,0 coordinate (aka origin) is at the top-left corner of the screen/canvas. In AI it's at the bottom-left. Chances are that's what screwing it up.

You can open up the action and modify the vertical placement to be positive (if it's negative), or make it negative (if it's positive).

Return to posts index

Robert Boylan
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:36:05 am

les nemeth: Thanks for your reply. Your knowledge of Illustrator is far beyond mine. I have a rough idea of what you are saying but don't know how to go about opening the action to modify the vertical placement.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Apr 13, 2011 at 8:11:21 am

I don't know what's in AI9 (that's quite old now), but if you open the Action itself and double click the Move command, you should get something similar. Then just modify the value itself.

Return to posts index

Robert Boylan
on Apr 13, 2011 at 9:40:51 pm

les nemeth:
I am getting a better understanding of this thanks to you.
The +/- values of the vertical move and angle change when AI is closed and reopened even after I physically correct them in the dialog box. It's like the +/- values have a default setting and reset when AI is closed. I may just have to rerecord the action each time I need to use it.
Thank you for trying to help me with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]