FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I do this?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erik Seel
How can I do this?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 7:06:20 pm

I have a client that wanted to have a parasol design on one of her t-shirts. She initially wated the parasal to be shown straight on as if the parasol was open and facing you. I created the design and have attached a copy to this thread. She now wants it slightly tilted so that a handle can be placed on the design while maintaining the correct perspective. What is the best way to change the perspective of the artwork to make it look as if the parasol is slightly tilted. There must be a clean quick way of doing this but I have tried a couple different methods with no success. Any help would be must appreciated.

1736_testparasol.ai.zip

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: How can I do this?
on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:36:50 am

You didn't say what methods you tried. That would help eliminate those options.

Also, it depends whether they want a view from above or a view from below (so you see more of the inside of it).

So now I have to guess that you probably tried the 3D revolve/rotate options with some perspective added to it. It could work for top views since it creates a slightly curved effect. But it won't work too well (if at all) for view from below.

And of course rotating the outline of the umbrella in front view and mapping the artwork onto it, well, that doesn't work well in AI either.

So I'm guessing the best options are:
1. recreate it by hand using the correct perspective (and charge the heck out of the client for the extra painstaking work) or
2. use a 3D program to map the artwork into an umbrella-like object. The drawback is you will end up with a raster image and not vector, but it might pass.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: How can I do this?
on May 12, 2011 at 6:08:23 am

Use "Free Distort" or skew, maybe in combination with rotate?

http://www.graphicsdump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]