FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text and compound paths issue

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Hoisan
Text and compound paths issue
on Feb 20, 2011 at 12:12:53 am

Hi!

I have an illustrator file, single page, just some codes written, normal text (in appearance). I have to change this text somehow but when i click on it it highlights and in the layers panel i see that every character corresponds to a compound path. I have to animate those characters in a AE but i need to replace the code in AI before i import the file as it is only a sample from client. How can i do that? It does not work with the text tool obviously and it will be great to change the existing text and not to do all by hand. Is it possible? Or is it locked somehow...

Thanks!

Robert Hoisan
Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Text and compound paths issue
on Feb 20, 2011 at 8:12:33 am

Seems like the text has been outlined and as such, it is no longer editable. If you don't want manually replacing each and every character, you need to request the original text (in non-outlined form) from the client.

They usually do this so if you don't have the correct fonts installed, the text will still show up correctly, and of course, it's vector.

(I don't know what's on it, but you can always re-enter the text manually if it's feasible - provided you have the correct fonts.)

Return to posts index

Robert Hoisan
Re: Text and compound paths issue
on Feb 20, 2011 at 8:24:40 am

Ok, i will do that. Thanks a lot!

Robert Hoisan
Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]