FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator .emf files

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trish Holmes
Illustrator .emf files
on Feb 15, 2011 at 7:50:04 pm

I work on a Mac. I am trying to create a logo as an .emf format. When I export to an .emf format from Illustrator, the logo looks great, the registration mark looks terrible. I've tried using the text file, converting the registration mark to paths, and rebuilding the mark. Nothing seems to work. The .emf file distorts the circle and seems to be missing information from the letter R. (The circle looks like it was drawn by a calligraphic brush and is more of an oval than a circle. The R looks like a crude letter n.)

The only way I've found to make this better was to enlarge the entire logo (from 1.25" to approx. 17" wide). This makes the registration mark passable, but it is still not correct. It is still warping the circle and the R now looks like an R, but is still crudely shaped.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve this problem, or maybe another way to create an .emf file that I can try. Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Illustrator .emf files
on Feb 16, 2011 at 6:36:02 am

I never worked with EMF formats, but a quick google brings up:

"Windows vector graphics format recognized by many image-editing applications; basically a 32-bit version of the original Windows Metafile Format (.WMF), which only supports 16-bit data; saves image data in an RGB format and does not support CMYK data.

EMF can also used as a graphics language for printer drivers."

Why does it have to be EMF? Can it be something else? Can you work with a different format and then save it as EMF if needed? Sorry, I don't think I can help, just wondered.

Return to posts index

Trish Holmes
Re: Illustrator .emf files
on Feb 16, 2011 at 1:53:18 pm

I haven't worked with .emf formats before, either. My client specifically requested an .emf file. They already have other formats (.ai, .eps, .tif, .jpg, .png, .gif, .pdf and .wmf) and apparently they don't work for a specific program, but I'm not sure what the program is.
I have a ton of questions with our contact there to find out if something else will work for them.

I appreciate the post. Thanks for trying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]