FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mysterious white outline appearing around smart object

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adi head
Mysterious white outline appearing around smart object
on Feb 14, 2011 at 4:45:16 pm

Hi. Actually not sure if this is an Illustrator issue or Photoshop.

In a psd file I have a Smart Object created in Illustrator. It is just some basic shapes that I merged together into one shape with a fill color (#FF28FF), no stroke.

Although there is no stroke, when looking at the Smart Object in Photoshop, there seems to be a very thin white outline around the shape. I've double checked again and can't find any reason for this white outline to exist. I'd like to stress that this white outline is very subtle, yet definitely visible.

I've uploaded a sample of what I'm talking about here:
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/21l4pqh.jpg[/IMG]

http://i52.tinypic.com/21l4pqh.jpg

The shape I'm talking about (if you're looking at the pic) is the magenta colored shape that looks a bit like index tabs. You'll notice a very fine white outline around the edges.

It's driving me crazy. Can someone please explain to me how to get rid of it, or what is causing this?

Photoshop and Illustrator are CS4 on Windows.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Mysterious white outline appearing around smart object
on Feb 15, 2011 at 12:48:55 am

I don't see any white lines what-so-ever here. Even if I take the image into PS and zoom in. There's no white outline anywhere.

It could be your monitor or maybe color profile settings? Not sure. Maybe try posting an actual screenshot. I mean screen-screen-shot of your whole monitor.

Your posted image reports a color profile of sRGB and created by PS CS4. That's what I have, and don't see no outline.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Mysterious white outline appearing around smart object
on Feb 15, 2011 at 12:52:30 am

It also could be just an optical illusion because of the magenta and cyan colors. Try it with a different color combo and see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]