FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe illustrator cs4 youtube or video tutorials

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike linn
adobe illustrator cs4 youtube or video tutorials
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:00:22 pm

i've got adobe cs4... and i want to get my head around using illustrator in particular... i've got the classroom in a book... but i wondered if somebody could recommend the best tutorial videos so i understand how everything works... no doubt
i'll have to go back to things and maybe the book more but i thought video tutorials would be the best way to get started... and i'm happy to spend all day and even a few
days watching youtube videos

i'm watched through the deke mcclelland videos on adobe (and some mordy golding ones) and didn't seem to get on with them too well...

i think perhaps the problem is some of these experts have been using the product a long
time... and i'm new to this... and not really a huge computer person... but just want to get on with some
designing... i'll see if i can find videos for terry white and scott kelby... i thought it'd be better posting here than watching everything there is on youtube

it'd be good to find a guide that goes through what all the buttons step-by-step on the left hand side do... and also on the right hand and what everything on the top line does... from 'file' to 'help'... then
hopefully i'll get to grips with the finer points as i go... maybe something more from an artist perspective than a huge adobe fan perspective...

the problem with the book was it is several hundred pages long... i just was trying to find a video if there was one which could be a simple overview and then i could go back to the book as i went along and learn by doing...

i had adobe photodeluxe i think it was on my pc about 10 years ago and it didn't seem to have anywhere as near as many functions

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: adobe illustrator cs4 youtube or video tutorials
on Jan 14, 2011 at 5:46:07 am

>>it'd be good to find a guide that goes through what all the buttons step-by-step on the left hand side do... and also on the right hand and what everything on the top line does... from 'file' to 'help'
Well, lucky you! You just did! It's called "Help File". It comes in two flavors. A PDF file on your DVD (assuming you bought it) or an online version which requires an internet connection. It's detailed, step-by-step, and darn good. It describes everything you want to know about AI.

>>the problem with the book was it is several hundred pages long
Yeah, I can see that being a drag. But fear not! In your case I'd recommend telepathic learning. You don't have to do a thing just close your eyes. And when you open them... ta-da... you know everything.

Invest 25 dollars and sign up for http://www.lynda.com for a month. You can't say 25 bucks for one month is a lot to ask. A book costs more than that. You can watch training all day until your eyes hurt. They have at least a gazillion really good videos on how to get started and more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]