FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting to layers question

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Endres
converting to layers question
on Dec 14, 2010 at 1:40:47 pm

I'm new to Illustrator CS4 and trying to determine if this can be done. I was given an EPS file which I converted to a AI file. It consists of the following...

1 layer which represents the entire image... it is a color wheel. Making up that layer is a large number of individual paths (objects) each path represents a portion of the wheel.

I need to first bring this in to photoshop, but what I really want to do first in AI is to make all these objects paths that make up the color wheel, individual layers rather than the objects grouped together to form one single layer. From what I have read, photoshop will import AI files and maintain the layers, but right now when I import into photoshop, it only brings in the one single layer (the entire wheel). I have made sure that in the photoshop dialog box when opening that write layers is checked, but it still only brings in the whole image. There are close to 60 object paths that make up the wheel.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer - Carl

Return to posts index

Carl Endres
Re: converting to layers question (question answered)
on Dec 14, 2010 at 5:41:02 pm

After more searching I was able to get this question answered. Turns out I needed to use a release to layers command that was buried in the layers pallet hidden menu. But thank you anyway. - Carl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]