FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't move object with direct selection tool

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Radelat
Can't move object with direct selection tool
on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:57:14 am

I'm trying to learn Illustrator, and I'm going through an online tutorial on envelope distortions. I noticed that I can't move the created compound object with the direct selection tool after the one object is distorted by the other. The instructor on the online video can freely move the object by clicking anywhere inside the compound object box, but I can't.

I thought it may have something to do with show centers, because the center isn't showing, but the attribute box for the compound object looks like this:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/vidrazor/attr.jpg

I noticed that if I click on the "inside" distorted box of the compound object, I can move the object around. I don't understand why I can't just click anywhere inside and move as happens on the online video. Any ideas? Thanks

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Can't move object with direct selection tool
on Dec 13, 2010 at 6:32:51 pm

It's hard to tell what you are doing. Post a link to the tutorial. If it's long, also post a time offset in the video where it happens.

Return to posts index

Phil Radelat
Re: Can't move object with direct selection tool
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:41:47 pm

I figured it out. I forgot I had set OBJECT SELECTION BY PATH ONLY in the preferences, as per another tutorial by Deke McClelland.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]