FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 and CS Live

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Smith
CS5 and CS Live
on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:27:39 pm

Hi all, I work with Adobe, and was looking for feedback on one of our new services, CS Review. Have any of you heard of it or used it with Illustrator?

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: CS5 and CS Live
on Dec 12, 2010 at 1:12:21 am

I've never used it, but just checked it out for the heck of it.

I have to admit I love Adobe more and more each year for they dedication to add more and more bloated, useless features to the creative suite as opposed to adding some REAL and USEFUL features that would help creativity and workflow.

I can see maybe one or two big name corporate client would be "excited" about this feature, but most clients don't even know how to use a computer, let alone wanting to learn another workflow. Especially executives. They are not keen on computers and want as fast and painless proof as possible. Most of them already familiar with a PDF document (took them a few years to learn), so I find they want a PDF as a proof. Some of them don't even want to go as far as a PDF, just a simple image, like a JPG (depending of course on the project).

Personally, I'd rather see Adobe focus on new features that would actually be helpful in illustrator. Such as, creating circles, arcs, rectangles, etc by using 2, 3, 4 points and/or utilizing tangents to other shapes. There are so many functions that relates to technical illustration in CorelDraw that Adobe didn't even bother to address in all these years. (Does XTreamPath ring a bell!?) Instead, Adobe resorts to implement features such as the CS Live bloatware, new shaded UI icons and palettes, not to mention the ability for the user to change the UI shading from dark to light. Is that what I'm getting for my upgrade money?

Or let's take the new perspective tool, for example, which was present in Macromedia Freehand in the 90's - if I recall correctly. Yet Adobe waited years to implement it into AI even after they bought MM.

Anyhow. To summarize, personally I've never used CS Review and don't care for it. Neither do anyone I've ever asked.

As a matter of fact, if anyone would like to get rid of the whole CS Live buttons and it's bloatware...

On Windows:
Just rename the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager" to, for example "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager-disabled"

On Mac:
You can find the same folder in "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS5ServiceManager"

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]