FORUMS: list search recent posts

png export bug?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
png export bug?
on Nov 7, 2010 at 11:38:03 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to export a png file from Illustrator without using artboards, even though I'm selecting black background for the final file all I've been able to get is a white background png. I already tried different resolutions and with and w/o artboards, all to no avail.

Does anyone have this bug too or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

D.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: png export bug?
on Nov 9, 2010 at 6:39:43 pm

What do you mean by "selecting black background"? You cannot "select" any color for the background in AI. Instead, you have to manually create a background, like drawing a black rectangle around the artboard.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Nov 9, 2010 at 7:25:14 pm

Actually yes, you can.

You need to switch the first color of the transparency grid (File>Document Setup) and then turn on Simulate Colored Paper, after that the trick is to NOT turn on the transparency grid. See attached.

But that's not what I was referring to, when exporting to png, allegedly you are able to select any color you want for the background, that is not working as it's supposed to, right now it only exports to either transparent or white, but not black or any other color. See attached.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Nov 10, 2010 at 1:38:31 am

You see, you're making things complicated.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Nov 10, 2010 at 2:10:58 am

So...you don't know how?

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Nov 10, 2010 at 2:28:07 am

I believe I already mentioned it. Just draw a colored rectangle as the background.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:42:16 am

Nevermind.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Nov 10, 2010 at 6:33:08 am

I've only used Illustrator's Export option to save flattened print files or layered PSDs.
Changing the background color seems to work when you Save For Web...

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Palmer Woodrow
on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:01:57 am

I just encountered the same bug, still there in CS6 (what a surprise).

I have a simple shape filled with white. Exporting as a PNG with transparent background works fine. If I select any other color for the background in the PNG export dialog, I get an all-white file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]