FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 Stokes and Shaping Paths Question

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Velton
CS5 Stokes and Shaping Paths Question
on Oct 15, 2010 at 1:45:41 pm

Hi,

I am bought a couple AI files for Stadium seating charts and have a quick question. The way the designer shaped the individual sections was by using strokes(white) to overlay on the extra parts of the section.

So lets say you have section 209 on the left and section 210 on right, there would be a stroke right in the middle to create the space. Remove the stroke and the section would now be touching(not good).

What I want to do is delete the stroke BUT also delete the parts of the path behind it that it is covering to help shape the individual sections. Does anyone know how to do this or point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any information.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: CS5 Stokes and Shaping Paths Question
on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:16:39 pm

It's kinda hard to say without actually knowing how the shapes are organized and put together - let alone the whole illustration.

But, poking in the dark, I'd first expand the stroke(s). Chances are, after expansion they will be grouped, so you need to un-group them. And now at this point (depending on how it was put together), I'd use the tools on the Pathfinder palette. Either subtract them or use other appropriate operation (divide, etc).

Or, I'd use the expanded path - if possible - to 'Object > Path > Divide Objects Below' (it's a menu command in one of the menus), then delete the un-needed pieces.

Something like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]