FORUMS: list search recent posts

lost resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Minken
lost resolution
on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:12:53 am

When bringing images(jpeg, png, tif, gif) into illustrator a loss in resoltion is observed. Is there anyway to maintain the quality of the image?

Jon

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: lost resolution
on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:44:37 am

Why are you thinking the image has lost resolution? How did you determine this?
Are you having a problem with an AI file after printing or exporting?
Are you doing anything to the image while it is in AI, resizing, rotating?
What is the resolution of the source file?

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Jon Minken
on Oct 13, 2010 at 1:46:15 am

Thanks for your response.

When comparing the original image file with the image in illustrator, the image in illustrator is grainer. No modification to the file has occured within illustrator.

Jon

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:58:41 pm

Look at this thread, it might provide some answers as to what you are seeing...
Importing PSDs into Illustrator: Aliasing problem

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Pieter Marais
on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:39:29 am

I experience exactly the same thing. When opening bitmaps in Illustrator CS5, they look jagged. The zoom is at 100%. The bitmaps can be anything, eg JPG with 300 ppi resolution.
I'm pulling out my hair.... It seems to print OK from Illustrator, but if you save a new PDF from Illustrator containing the bitmap, it looks exactly as in AI, bad resolution.
I never had this problem in CS2! I can't stand it how much Adobe charges for their software, but then they get simple things like this wrong....

Return to posts index

Andrea Marini
on Mar 4, 2011 at 5:05:54 pm

Same for me, I have a logo as a transparent TIFF@300dpi that looks ok in AI artboard, but when I export to PDF (press quality, settings done directly by the printhouse on my macbook) it looks jagged, even at 100%. Printed with my home laser printer looks fine. I'm still trying to understand why the PDF looks awful.

I have really tried all the optiont (embed, not embed, flatten transparency, rasterize) but nothing.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]