FORUMS: list search recent posts

decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawud Ali
decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:10:25 pm

i really need to get my hands a graphic tablet. i don't have a job and I'm a student so i don't want to spend too much but I'm aware good G.tabs aren't cheep.

reason/ use: 'precision' drawing for hobby and possibly serious projects.

more importantly i loved drawing as a kid and i still do but i rarely manage to draw these days. i think working with digital mediums is a great way forward in my situation.

specification:
-size A4
-balance between coast and quality
-price: basically don't want to spend more than £100 maybe slightly more, around £60-£80 if possible.

i've seen the waccoms but they're close to 200. i think the genius is quite good but is it.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)
on Sep 8, 2010 at 12:00:01 am

If you don't have enough cash, get a bamboo. Wacom seem to be supported well by other applications without issues. I don't have experience with other makes other than Wacom.

Personally, I use the Intuos 4 small and it's very nice - especially the 2048 level of pressure sensitiveness. The on-screen controls are truly great.

Return to posts index

Dawud Ali
on Sep 9, 2010 at 1:47:28 am

the bamboo does seem like a good choice good for starting up. tanks. from your personal opinion how useful is the pressure sensitive level. is 1024 compared to 2048 give the user much more confidence, control and accuracy.

a classmate has the same Wacom Intuos4 A6, i think i'll give his a try probably a finer balance between money and quality. it's about £200 but i could get it online for £150, if i'm quick enough

tanks

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:57:03 am

I have an Intuos 3 at home, an Intuos 4 at work and I had to buy a Bamboo Pen the other day while I was away on a business trip because I forgot my pen at home and I just can't use a mouse.

From my own experience the best of the three is by far the Intuos 3, it has a great sensitivity when it comes to pressure levels, I don't think anyone can take full advantage of the 2048 levels on the Intuos 4, 1024 is more than enough.

The Bamboo is rather limited in functions, I seldom use the buttons at the tablet, but I have the two buttons at the pen highly customized for each application I use, including Safari and Mail, not to mention the heavy stuff (Illustrator, Photoshop, C4D, Premiere, etc) in which the functionality of the buttons really comes to life, the Bamboo tablet is very limited in that aspect, basically you can program a function for each button and stick to it throughout any software you may use.

The Intuos 4 pen nibs wear out incredibly fast, and they have a more rigid sensation against the tablet.

I'd really try to find an Intuos 3 if I were you (eBay) and if none if none is available then definitely go for the Intuos 4, it seems like a lot of money in the short term, but it will pay off itself if you plan to start doing professional reotuching and illustration, the Bamboo can't do that.

Return to posts index

Dawud Ali
on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:30:26 am

tnks david

even though my reply is short your comments are very insightful. wacoms are highly rated probably the best g.tabs out. if all else fails i might get the A6 Intuos 4 or a genius (another low end)so i can at least use it for hobby.

tnks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]