FORUMS: list search recent posts

CD/DVD Label Template

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Gatsche
CD/DVD Label Template
on Aug 31, 2010 at 9:56:49 pm

I created a label for a DVD using Illustrator's "CD Print Items" template and I was wondering if there was any way of printing the label directly onto the DVD?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: CD/DVD Label Template
on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:45:43 am

I use an Epson Stylus Photo RX580.
You also need White Inkjet discs, unless you were intending to screen print.

The discs come in gloss or matte. 40mm printable inner diameter or 20mm (full hub) printable inner diameter.

I've always used Verbatim, but I'm sure there are other good brands.
I'll note though, Verbatim makes a printable white gloss DVD disc called 'AquaAce'. The print looks amazing, stunning actually, but the disc is slightly thicker than spec. They don't write this in the ads, but when you get the discs, there is a warning on the package that says they shouldn't be used in slot loading DVD/Disc players (iMacs for instance), they might become stuck. So if this is something that is going to a client, I wouldn't recommend them.

Some other observations I've made... I'll usually use matte surface discs because most of my own discs are going in disc binder and the surface of the disc will be pressed against plastic most of the time.
The matte surface never sticks to the plastic. If there's any humidity in your print room when you print gloss discs the print can be sticky for quite some time, like days to weeks.

Just some thoughts, I've been wanting to share this for a long time. :)

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]