FORUMS: list search recent posts

Put waves onto a flag which is `placed'

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Mantzaris
Put waves onto a flag which is `placed'
on Aug 16, 2010 at 9:45:41 pm

Hello,
I have downloaded an .svg of a flag from Wikipedia (the standard one that exists for each country's article). I want to create elsewhere a frame-by-frame animation of the flag.
In `Warp' the `Flag' effect does not create the progressing wave along the edges I am looking for, it is quite limited in its flexibility as are the other warping functions.
I am looking for a ways that maybe reveal the underlying handles for the vector components so that they can be moves to have some wavy paths put in manually? Tracing it seems unnecessary as it is not originally a bitmap.
Appreciate any feedback
AM

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Put waves onto a flag which is `placed'
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:31:13 pm

Why are you using AI for frame by frame animation? That is not what this product designed to do. You will have much easier (and faster) time using After Effects. It is designed for animation - including animating wavy flags.

Return to posts index

Alex Mantzaris
on Aug 16, 2010 at 11:30:09 pm

Well, I have never used After Effects and also I have to use the animation as a set of separate images so from After Effects I would be taking samples out anyways.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Aug 17, 2010 at 7:02:49 am

In this case you could work with "Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Mesh" to distort your objects and create a frame by frame animation.

Return to posts index

Alex Mantzaris
on Aug 17, 2010 at 3:09:04 pm

Thanks, this was helpful.

Return to posts index

Alex Mantzaris
on Aug 17, 2010 at 3:17:25 pm

Hi,
I am using your solution from before and am struggling to get the envelope mesh movement to be more refined. Now matter how small I set the preference for the keyboard increment, when a point on the mesh is selected and I use my arrow keys up or down the increment distances are large. Is there any other way to move the selected points via smaller steps?
Best and thanks,
Alex M.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Aug 17, 2010 at 6:05:32 pm

Set your keyboard increments up in the preferences.

Return to posts index

Alex Mantzaris
on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:45:52 pm

Hello again,
I have tried to change the amount of space between each move of the grid points on the envelope, which is the same either using the keyboard arrow keys or the mouse. I changed the increment value in preferences via:

Edit > preferences > general > Keyboard increment = 0.01

where the increment was more than ten times higher before and there hasn't been a change afterwards.

Best and thanks,
Alex M.

Return to posts index

Alex Mantzaris
on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:53:41 pm

Hi again,
Solved the problem, I had snap to grid selected. Thanks for the help before.
Best,
Alex M.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]