FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing PSDs into Illustrator: Aliasing problem

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosa Jurjevics
Importing PSDs into Illustrator: Aliasing problem
on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:27:28 am

Hi, all,

I'm working on a document in Illustrator and have been having some problems importing PSDs. They're jagged, they're blurry, and it all gets worse when they're scaled or rotated. I looked through all 800-some Photoshop-related posts in the Illustrator forum here and nothing seems to have helped... Additionally, I've tried different ppis, different compression modes, and adjusting this, that, and the other thing... Googled, too. All to no avail.

Fixes, anyone?

Specs:
Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop CS 4 (from the Master Collection)
Windows 7 Home Edition, 64-bit

Please, I'm going insane!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Importing PSDs into Illustrator: Aliasing problem
on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:38:01 am

Are you exports or prints blurry?
Maybe try doing your rotations in Photoshop, then link or embed the image.
If your in a 300ppi AI file, ideally you should use 300ppi images.
Just some thoughts.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Rosa Jurjevics
on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:44:22 am

Hi,

I did a test and looked at the JPG res preview via Save for Web and Devices, and everything looked good, so I think I should be all right. Both the document and the PSD(s) are 300ppi, so it should show up on-screen within the document just fine. So I'm clueless as to what the problem is...

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:51:33 am

In PS when you rotate an image it rasterizes once you set the rotation, or scale or whichever.
Illustrator doesn't continuously rasterize as you work.
If you need an image to rasterize, select the object and Object/Rasterize.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:07:10 am

It doesn't matter how the image looks like on the artboard. The final image at output will be antialiased.

The same is true for working with gradient meshes. On AI's artboard they will look aliased (more less). That's how AI will display them on the artboard. But once you export or save them in any image format, they will be antialiased.

Return to posts index

Pieter Marais
on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:44:35 am

I understand that the artboard preview is not that important than the output. But when saving a PDF containing a bitmap from Illustrator, it still looks as jagged as when opening the bitmap in AI CS5. I view the PDF at 100%. This never happened in AI CS2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]