FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Wrap Corner of Box

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas mcmurry
Text Wrap Corner of Box
on Jul 27, 2010 at 3:11:48 am

I have a text block I'd like to "wrap" onto a photo of a building (like a huge sign that fills two sides of the building) The building has a dramatic angle I need to make sure I marry the text to (similar to an angle of a 10 story building photographed from the street). I downloaded a trial version of ILLCS5 to try to do this with the new perspective tool. Works great. BUT! It seem the angle DON"T work in conjunction. It's either ONE or the OTHER (or the THIRD / "Floor") Is there a way to have text "wrap" around the corner of a box and control depth/perspective with CS3/4/5? I originally did this in Photoshop. Worked great. Now I have to recreate to make vector. Not as easy for some reason.

My Jimmie-rig fix was to create both angles and mask the text where they intersect. I hoping there is a way to do it properly without creating two copy blocks. It almost impossible to get them to align.

Any tip or tricks?

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Text Wrap Corner of Box
on Jul 27, 2010 at 11:50:56 am

Here's one way to do it.
It basically uses Object/Envelope Distort/Make with Top Object.
The joint will meet almost perfectly, so you may have to make a few minor adjustments depending on your needs.

PerspectiveSquareTextWrap.zip

Maybe we'll see a few more solutions to this.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]