FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you paint inside an object?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan Wayne
Can you paint inside an object?
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:53:08 pm

Lets say I have hair for a character drawn and want to add shadowing inside that hair...Is there a way to make a selection of the hair so when I paint shadows it doesn't go outside the lines?

So far the only method i know of is to paint while going outside the lines, then later make a copy of the hair and use pathfinder to remove the stray/outside lines from the shadows. but that gets annoying when working with multiple layers of shadows for a detailed drawing. Flash has a "paint inside" option with it's brush that stays within a fill while you paint...does illustrator have nothing like that?

Return to posts index

ryan Wayne
Re: Can you paint inside an object?
on Jun 2, 2010 at 8:52:33 pm

Ok, So if you click the button below the color panel, while having a single shape selected, you can switch to draw inside mode and use the pen, pencil, or glob brush to paint inside it...brushes don't work for some reason.

However, This still creates a mask and puts the paint inside the mask...i'm trying to avoid masks if possible...is there a way to "apply" the mask to the object (the shadowing)?? none of the pathfinder options get the correct result...one of them gets the exact opposite of what i want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]