FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator: BIG FILE and SLOW working...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Idiosynn Nele
Illustrator: BIG FILE and SLOW working...
on May 30, 2010 at 1:35:25 pm

Hi there,

I'm working for a textilecompany and I need to make a file 4000 x 4000 mm where I design sheets (linen)
1400 x 2000 mm for the sheet where I need to make a pattern by copy pasting it. The problem is: the original vector is a .ai file about 3mb.
When I copy paste it for about 20 times the file becomes big (about 50mb. what is weird because there are only vectors included).
Illustrator gives me at one moment a dialogbox where it says there is not enough memory to do this action. (I have a Mac Pro Quadcore with 4 Gb RAM... which is enough.. certainly for files of 40 mb..) I really dont understand why it becomes so slow to work...

At one moment is just turns my file into contourlines.. and I cant fix it anymore...

Anyone who had the same problem? How did you fix it?

thank you!!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Illustrator: BIG FILE and SLOW working...
on May 30, 2010 at 6:53:04 pm

Maybe try turning off PDF compatibility in Edit/Preferences.
You might have to restart for this to take effect, unsure.

Maybe set a low resolution in Effect/Document Raster Effects Settings, in the documents that you are using.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Illustrator: BIG FILE and SLOW working...
on Jun 14, 2010 at 12:42:45 pm

Try making a pattern swatch, rather than copying and pasting your pattern tile, your file will become much slimmer/quicker.

You basically draw a rectangle with no file or stroke, and send that to back. Then select your rectangle and artwork and drag this to your swatches to make a pattern swatch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]