FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to configure the default color indicating paths and bounding boxes?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adi head
How to configure the default color indicating paths and bounding boxes?
on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:55:22 pm

By default when I create a shape or a path, AI makes a thin yellow path or bounding box surrounding the shape. I'm not 100% my terminology is correct here, so please don't let me throw you off. I'm not talking about selecting the path (or fill) color which I can select from the tools pallet, etc. but rather the thin guide line which indicates the path and its connections between anchor points and used just for reference. It's also visible as a sort of bounding box with handles for rotation and resizing shapes.

By default it is yellow. Currently I'm working on a design with lots of white and yellow and it's really hard to make out these yellow path lines and anchor points. I've searched through Preferences to find where I can change this to a different color, but can't find where.

It would be great if someone could point this out to me...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: How to configure the default color indicating paths and bounding boxes?
on Apr 19, 2010 at 1:40:23 am

That color is the layer color. Double click on the layer to open its properties and change the outline color there.

Return to posts index

adi head
on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:13:01 am

Thanks for your reply Les!
I DO see the layer color listed to the left of the layer name in the layers pallet, but i can't figure out how to change it. I doubled-clicked the layer and an Options window came up where I can change the layer name, and check Show and/or Lock. That's it. I don't see where I can change the layer color or any additional layer settings.
Did I miss something?
thx

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:06:31 pm

I did not say to double click the object name. I said double click the layer.

Return to posts index

adi head
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:20:10 pm

Got it! I'm not very used to using AI and I just figured every item in the Layers Pallet is a layer, but I understand now that there are layers and objects stacked one above the other within the layers, but they are still considered Objects and not additional layers within layers.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]