FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a print out of golf ball which can be cut and pasted to physical sphere?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jun Takafuku
How to create a print out of golf ball which can be cut and pasted to physical sphere?
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:14:00 am

I bought a battery-operated rotating globe (atlas) which I want to turn into a rotating golf ball. I want to print out the image of golf ball on a glossy paper and cut it out and stick it to the physical globe. Then, I can create a custom made rotating golf ball. How and what kind of shape/pattern works. Thank you in advance. J.T.

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
Re: How to create a print out of golf ball which can be cut and pasted to physical sphere?
on Feb 25, 2010 at 12:27:59 am

It won't be easy:

"...a combination of pentagon and hexagon faces. This shape is called a buckyball after Richard Buckminster Fuller, who invented the geodesic dome."

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

Jun Takafuku
Re: How to create a print out of golf ball which can be cut and pasted to physical sphere?
on Feb 26, 2010 at 8:44:10 am

Thanks. I tried a buckyball design somewhere in the net, cut it out and assembled myself. Not smooth. I also search "paper sphere" in g**gle and found interesting patterns. But, since my scissoring is bit clumsy so I'll give up this approach and come up with another. J.T.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]