FORUMS: list search recent posts


COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Merritt
on Jan 5, 2010 at 9:45:59 pm

Hi All,
Can someone tell me how to put a swish through a font and then to make this a different coler there by having a two tone effect.
All the best and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Allen Strand
Re: Swish
on Jan 6, 2010 at 7:50:23 am

I may be off base -- but many effects are done with masks. To make two tone fonts you can convert the fonts to outline. This creates a bunch of filled objects. You can then move the filled outlines to a black/white mask where it masks everything except the "filled" area of the font. Once that is done you can then draw anything you want on the lower layer which includes a two-tone gradient and that is what you will see.

Note: You may be able to move the font to a mask layer without converting to outlines.

Note: It has been a while since I tried this in Illustrator but I have done it numerous times in PhotoShop.

My apologies if I missed your question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved