FORUMS: list search recent posts

Measuring the Space Between Objects

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
Measuring the Space Between Objects
on Dec 31, 2009 at 9:11:58 pm

Hello there, is there some kind of ruler, or tool that will tell me the distance between two separate objects? I have five or six bars and they all need to be the exact distance apart. Up until now I've been eye-balling it, but there has to be a better way, any suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Allen Strand
Re: Measuring the Space Between Objects
on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:40:06 am

Charles,

Yes there is a measuring tool but that is the hard way to do this. I would setup a grid and then set snap to grid.

Type "measure" in the help system to see the picture of the tool. If you click and hold on top of the eye dropper tool you will see the measuring tool.

Good luck.

Allen Strand

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
on Jan 5, 2010 at 6:28:38 pm

responding late, sorry!

thanks, I've always seen that tool and just ignored it, I've made a new friend! thanks for pointing it out to me :)

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Scott Roberts
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:02:06 am

Use distribute spacing - either horizontal or vertical to space out your objects. If you need them space an exact dimension, make an object with that exact dimension and place that object as a spacer between all of your objects, with smart guides turned on to snap the objects in place.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:29:35 am

Thanks for the tip Scott, i'll make sure to keep it in mind the next time i'm in Illustrator.

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]