FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Trace and Whites

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin McKay
Live Trace and Whites
on Dec 10, 2009 at 5:38:44 pm

Hi i have a stencil-like image that is completely white save for a few grays that are on some edges. I want to vectorize the image, but when I take it into illustrator and live trace i only get a white box. I dont want a stroke on the image, only a solid white fill, but when i add a stroke in PS and then place into AI it will trace it, but then the inside is hollow (the opposite of what i want). i know that i can then use Live paint to fill, but that doesnt seem to work either, any help would be awesome, this seems like a real simple thing and ive used live trace alot with success, does this have something to do with the fact that I am using a solid white image with no outline? I have attached the image on a black background so you guys can see what im talking about. THANKS!!!

Return to posts index

Benjamin McKay
Re: Live Trace and Whites
on Dec 10, 2009 at 5:41:25 pm

"A Cult Of One"

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Vincent Rosati
on Dec 10, 2009 at 6:45:49 pm

Something like this??

http://www.newinelabs.com/rosati/tutorials/AI_Live_Trace_cs2.ai

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Benjamin McKay
on Dec 10, 2009 at 9:48:02 pm

DUDE! lifesaver man...only one more thing, is there any way to retain the detail in the beard? Also, im working with a huge file because its a movie poster, so will that help me out with detail? Thanks again man

"A Cult Of One"

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:28:17 pm

Working with a larger image will make all of the difference. Just enable preview in the trace options, and mess with the numbers in the trace settings.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

dustin grim
on Dec 26, 2009 at 9:47:22 pm

thats awesome but how did you do it. im having a similar problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]