FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator to After Effects Vector Layers

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lones
Illustrator to After Effects Vector Layers
on Nov 3, 2009 at 8:50:41 pm

My client just finalized a new branding kit, and has provided me with an Illustrator file from which I am to use the same "look" for an introduction video. I would like to get each separate element from the Illustrator file into After Effects, while maintaining its vector properties. Is there a better/easier way than turning off all but a single layer and then exporting it as its own vector file, then repeating for all the different elements in the image? I am not very familiar with Illustrator, so I am asking before I begin the possibly unnecessary process of exporting each layer individually. Thanks!

Chris Lones
Director of Production
Great Lakes Loons

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvo
Re: Illustrator to After Effects Vector Layers
on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:37:57 pm

save the illustrator file with your artwork organized in the layers you want to work with and IMPORT the ilustrator file into after effects as a COMPOSITION. double clik the composition in the after effects project window and it opens up the comp with your all separate layers and a time line.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Illustrator to After Effects Vector Layers
on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:16:17 am

You don't need to move each element by hand to a new layer, if you go to the layers palette menu and hit on release to layers (with the object selected) Illustrator will automatically separate each object or group of objects to its own layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]