Help Needed please with scaling

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Armstrong
Help Needed please with scaling
on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:07:42 pm

Hi All,

i hope you can help!!

For some reason my illustrator (CS4) has stopped keeping a lock on scaling when i hold down shift. this is a HUGE problem!!! does anyone know how i have done this or how i can fix this?? i have also noticed that when holding down the space bar the little hand does not appear to drag the artboard.

I thought that if i opened CS2 which i also have on my machine it would work in that version... it doesnt!! the same thing is happening in there too!

I cant imagine i have turned anything off, nor would i of... its a mystery!!

Please help guys!!!!

Im working on Mac by the way.

Many Thanks

Steve

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Help Needed please with scaling
on Sep 30, 2009 at 4:11:52 am

Do you have your keyboard connected through a usb hub?
Have you connected something new to your computer?

Sometimes when you have a hub sharing your keyboard and some other stuff (a wacom tablet, flash drives, external hard drives, etc) the hub is not capable to deliver enough power to all your gadgets and it will either disable one of them completely or cripple the functions of several, the same thing happened to me once, almost all my keys worked, but none of the volume ones did, I unplugged something from my hub, restarted my computer and everything was back to normal. The fact that is happening to you with two different versions (actually two different pieces of software tells me that the problem might not be Illustrator related, still, you should check your keyboard shortcuts just to see if they haven't been changed lately.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]