FORUMS: list search recent posts

DESPERATE FOR HELP!! Illustrator won't open a file that was working fine before

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david Cabestany
DESPERATE FOR HELP!! Illustrator won't open a file that was working fine before
on Sep 27, 2009 at 4:54:03 am

Hi all,

I have this Illust. CS4 file, which I have been working for the last couple weeks, it's fairly complex, as it has patterns, linked images, multiple pages, many layers and several other elements that make it somewhat heavy for Illustrator standards, 2.4 mb.

Everything was fine until a few minutes ago when I restarted my computer and performed an fsck -f on it because it was behaving erratically.

Now the file won't open but doesn't give any error message, when I double click it, it opens the window, it kind of "flashes" on the top window bar, as if it was loading the document as usual, and then the entire window disappears, right after I get Illust. CS4 welcome screen suggesting me a series of recent files to open, including the one in question, which of course I can't open from that window either.

I'm due to deliver the file tonight as I will be reviewing it tomorrow and have it ready to be printed early on Monday, so please HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

D.

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: DESPERATE FOR HELP!! Illustrator won't open a file that was working fine before
on Sep 27, 2009 at 8:33:41 am

Nevermind, I was able to fix it.

Now, here's a poll:
What is worse? CS4 or Snow Leopard?

Return to posts index

Joan M Pinkert
Re: DESPERATE FOR ****!! Illustrator won't open a file that was working fine before
on Sep 19, 2010 at 7:26:48 pm

I was having the identical problem and, thanks to David's offline help, opened the file on Mac Tiger, resaved and am back to work on Leopard (10.5.8). This really turned my work weekend around — thank you David.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]