FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing to epson 3800

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nel westmaas
Printing to epson 3800
on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:58:54 pm

Hallo, I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me please. I have a colour managed workflow and calibrated monitor. My husband is the photographer and I am the illustrator. He prints to the 3800 no problem and understands colour management. BUT, My graphics printouts from illustrator are going wrong. i have colour shifts and innacuracies that my husband does not understand. I am new to all this and must print out for a gallery in three weeks. My husband is the photoshop CS3 guy and never has real problems but he can not understand why illustrator won't behave itself like nice little photoshop.

Can I please have some help?

Thankyou, Nel.

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Printing to epson 3800
on Sep 17, 2009 at 6:40:16 am

Are you sending from the same computer?
Have you checked which color profile you are using?
Also illustrator relies heAvily in postscript printing (I nthink Photoshop doesn't but can't be sure)
you can always move your files to Photoshop and print from there.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

nel westmaas
Re: Printing to epson 3800
on Sep 17, 2009 at 8:02:38 am

I have a calibrated monitor and run a strict colour managed workflow. The files are in rgb not cmyk since we are not printing outside. I think that you are right - illustrator does not like inkjets - that's the problem. Orinting from pdf works a tad better regarding colour accuracy - no idea why - theoretically it shouldn't?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]