FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Text with perspective

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kian McKellar
3D Text with perspective
on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:29:00 pm

Trying to create text with perspective 3D look. I can create a 3D look with the effect Extrude and Bevel but I can't get them to go to a single point. Something along these lines http://www.shinybinary.com/images/art/halifax.jpg

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Vincent Rosati
Re: 3D Text with perspective
on Sep 14, 2009 at 4:23:36 am

You can do it with live text or outlined text.
Select your object(s) and go to Effect/3D/Extrude & Bevel.
Set the rotations to 0,0,0.
Crank the perspective up real high, and click preview.

Note: I had to revert to CS2, and there seems to be some kind of quirk where all of the perspective components don't display until one or two of the rotation axis settings are greater than zero.

If you are trying to create a perspective that actually goes all of the way back to the focal point, I think you would actually need to draw it.

Or you could try blending (Object/Blend) your full size text with text that has been reduced to near-zero. Set the blend to Specified Steps: 200 or something.

Just a few ideas

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies and check Solution if solved. Also, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :)

Return to posts index

Kian McKellar
on Sep 17, 2009 at 6:33:10 pm

Thanks for the help. Both worked fairly well but they kind of came out pretty ugly. Going to have to tweak them a lot but thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was close but would have missed it otherwise.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on May 17, 2012 at 8:34:37 pm

The limit on perspective, in 3D Extrude & Bevel is 2000 points.

To get your extruded type to go to a single point, you will need to expand the appearance, lasso select the bottom half of your extrusion, then scale smaller.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]