Illustrator CS PDF issues

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Paul Freeman
Illustrator CS PDF issues
on Aug 27, 2009 at 7:33:04 pm

Hello All.

Newbie here.

I have been illustrating for 10 yrs now but of late I have had an ai problem.

I illustrate books using vector art but the other month OS 10.4.11 was corrupt so I reformatted my HD and re-installed OS. All my work and private information I burned onto CDRoms along with a whole book drawn in ai CS onto a CDRom so that I could place it back onto my HD afterwards.

Unfortnately all the CDRoms apart from...yes you guessed it..the book CDRom opened up fine!

So...the CDRom will not mount up on the desktop for starters!

Fortunately I had mailed each page as an ai PDF off to a chap who is authoring the book in order for him to check on my work for any problems.

He thankfully sent all the book back to me on a CDRom as PDFs. Thing is I can open all the files ok in CS but all my gradients have a strange 'crossed' bounding box around them (a bit like when you import an unlinked file into a page) and these cannot be manipulated!

Also the text/font is broken up too and I cannot ungroup any of the images.

Can anyone help?
Should I be opening the files up a different way?

Many many thanks

Jon (UK)

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Illustrator CS PDF issues
on Sep 17, 2009 at 6:46:03 am

Nope, sorryto bring the bad news here butwheb you save your illustrator files to PDF you unchecked the "preserve illustrator capabilities" so now that the PDF is read back the files is somewhat broken, crosses and text broken into lines or every character change (i. e. different font sizes in one line) are clear indicators of this.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]