FORUMS: list search recent posts

filling color in layered objects (a few circiles on top of each other)

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Kong
filling color in layered objects (a few circiles on top of each other)
on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:14:32 pm

Hello all,

I am new to Illustrator. I want to thank you any advices from you all first.

Currently I am working on my first Logo design project. There are a number of circles on top of each other. The goal is to fill each circle with different colour.

I read some other posts, they mentioned about the different objects are in different layers, so that it is difficult to fill colour individually. Any suggestions?

I tried to make the image to Live Paint, but the option is in gray, so that I cannot change to Live Paint. And if I try to fill the colour, there are nothing happen.

The file (in .AI format) can be download from this link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/olyyol

And one last question, after I completed the Logo, is that possible to just extract the Logo itself rather than save the whole paper? What type of format I should save with if I want to make it eventually .jpg file.

Thank you very much for your help again.

Pete

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: filling color in layered objects (a few circiles on top of each other)
on Aug 21, 2009 at 3:42:37 pm

I'm using CS2. It looks like maybe your artwork was outside the artboard, so the only thing I see its the text.

Are your circles vector objects. If so, select one of the circles, than click 'Fill' at the bottom of the tool bar. Than double-click fill to open the color picker.
Or you could use color swatches from the color palette, just select your circle object, make sure 'Fill' is active (not Stroke), and select a fill color.

You can export a jpeg, or open the AI file with photoshop to create the jpeg.
Or, you could copy and paste the logo into a photoshop document as a Smart Object.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies and check Solution if solved. Also, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :)

Return to posts index

Peter Kong
Re: filling color in layered objects (a few circiles on top of each other)
on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:41:50 am

Thanks very much Vincent. The problem is solved.
Here is the answer threads for anyone who encountered similiar stuffs.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2196837#2196837

Best Regards,

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]