FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Transfer problem from Illustrator to Photoshop!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laria Saunders
Color Transfer problem from Illustrator to Photoshop!
on Aug 10, 2009 at 4:47:24 pm

Hello,

Very strange problem and rushing to print!

Both color spaces are the same CMYK. I have two designs (brochure) from the same document in Illustrator CS4, CMYK, flattend and when I file/open from Photoshop CS4 (into separate documents) the background color is different on each document. It is the same and even registers the same in PS (CMYK forumala same!) but it is clearly a different color on the monitor (more green).

If relevant when in Illustrator and I double-click on problem color swatch it says "process" but instead of showing the CMYK color formula it says the pantone color I originally chose and then later changed to process. I have tried bringing it in as ai/pdf/eps and it's the same problem. I have also tried copy/paste into PS.

thanks for you help!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Color Transfer problem from Illustrator to Photoshop!
on Aug 21, 2009 at 4:15:48 pm

Did you ever solve this?
There are potentially a number of settings that could cause a color issue.
I'd first try to paste the artwork from the 'bad' ai file into the 'good' ai file, and save it as a copy. This would, at least, ensure that the ai document settings are the same for both files.

Or, try copying the background object from the good file into the bad file, so you can add it's color to the swatches palette and replace the fill of the bad object.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies and check Solution if solved. Also, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :)

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Color Transfer problem from Illustrator to Photoshop!
on Aug 29, 2009 at 5:45:34 am

You need to change the color book from where you are picking your original color, try Pantone Color Bridge from the Swatches library submenu.

If you are planning on printing in CMYK I would recommend you to click the little button right next to the PMS name in your color menu and convert your PMS to a CMYK swatch. Then go to the menu list (the one that you get by clicking in the corner of the panel) and chose "Save swatch library as ASE", you will be able to load the new .ase file into Photoshop and that will ensure that no color shift happens.

Also keep in mind that what matters both in Photoshop and Illustrator is the formula values not the color that you see on the screen, if you perceive a color shift between Photoshop and Illustrator but the percentages of each ink are equals then there is no color shifting happening.

Check also the color profile that you are using for your specific document in Photoshop. Change it to "Don't color manage this document" or Working CMYK U.S. Web Coated SWOP.

May I ask why do you need to output your final image from Photoshop instead of printing from Illustrator?

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]