FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cutting compound path

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Doan
Cutting compound path
on Jul 29, 2009 at 6:05:27 pm

Hi everyone, I have a simple compound path which is a square and a round hole. I want to cut the round hole to reshape it, but not successfull using Knife, Erase or any of CS4 pathfinder tools. The Knife tool works only if I release the compound paths first, cut it then make coumpound path again. But this method is too time consuming if there are many holes in the compound path. Is there any better way or plugin to do this?

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Cutting compound path
on Jul 29, 2009 at 9:22:49 pm

You can't cut the round hole since it's part of a compound path. Either cut the whole compound path, or release it first, modify your hole, then make it compound again.

You can, however, edit a compound path. So if you just wanna modify the hole, change it's size, or modify it's anchor, then you can do that with the direct selection tool.

Return to posts index

Raf Osborne
on Jul 29, 2009 at 10:39:19 pm

I believe you'd have to do it one by one - never heard about the plugin that can do it...

Photos to Canvas

Return to posts index

Don Doan
on Jul 31, 2009 at 5:40:31 am

Thank you all. I have just found out that by using the Blob Brush to reshape shapes other than the holes and when done, select all shapes and click pathfinder/trim to clean up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]