FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do i vectorize this in illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Japah King
How do i vectorize this in illustrator
on Jul 8, 2009 at 2:17:11 am

i have a simple image ,(that looks like a black card with the shape of a dog cut out) and i need to know how to vectorise this and out line it in illustrator, all the tutorials i am finding are only for text please help

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How do i vectorize this in illustrator
on Jul 9, 2009 at 6:44:02 am

Select the raster image, than click Live Trace. After the trace is done, you can Object/Expand.

Vince

Return to posts index

Japah King
on Jul 9, 2009 at 11:56:42 pm

its a jpeg image how to i raster it

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:17:21 am

Sorry, a Jpeg is a raster image. Once you have it open in Illustrator, you select it with the Direct Selection or Group Selection tool.
Anytime you select a raster image in AI, the Live Trace options will appear on the top menu. You can simply click 'Live Trace' or click the drop-down menu (the little triangle next to the Live Trace button) to customize the tracing parameters.

Vince

Return to posts index

michal rockman-pollard
how do i vectorize a line drawing from photoshop to illustrator (4 colours)?
on Jul 13, 2009 at 2:46:26 pm

I have an image i drew, then scanned to photoshop and added 3 colours to it, water colour style. now its 3 colours+black = 4 colours)
i want to be able to give it to somebody as an AI file and that it will be possible for them to change the colours to different ones (they use coraldraw).
i usually do this on photoshop as layers, but they cannot use photoshop...
how do i vectorize it without loosing the quality of the hand-drawnness of it and the colours?
Here you can see the image to get an idea -
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/yachichi/girlStripes_WT-SJ12011054.j...
I will be thankful with any help, i'm stuck!!
thanks,
michal

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: how do i vectorize a line drawing from photoshop to illustrator (4 colours)?
on Jul 13, 2009 at 5:47:35 pm

You will bring the scanned image/drawing into Illustrator, then use the pen tool to trace the image. Then apply the water color effect from within illustrator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]