FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit a TTF font in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Hoag
edit a TTF font in Illustrator
on Jun 17, 2009 at 2:39:52 pm

Hi,
I need to edit the vectors of a TTF font that i have, can i do this in illustrator? i've had a look but nothing is jumping out at me...
can this be done?

H

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
Re: edit a TTF font in Illustrator
on Jun 17, 2009 at 6:28:14 pm

If you are actually trying to edit a font in Illustrator, I don't think you'll have much luck as you won't be able to export it as a TTF from what I understand.

I do know that CorelDraw allows the exporting of TFF files, you may be able to edit the vectors in there without a problem...

What might be best, if you already have Illustrator, is to also get the program Fontographer (http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontographer/).

You can work in Illustrator, export it as a EPS file, then import it into Fontographer and get your TFF file.

However, I read one person's account of the look appearing fine in Fontographer after importing a Illustrator 3 EPS file, then coming out messed up. But then again, this person was working on a Mac, using an old Illustrator file format, and then transferring to a PC. Fontographer has some differentiations when it comes to MAC and PC.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
Re: edit a TTF font in Illustrator
on Jun 18, 2009 at 7:53:58 am

cool, thanks for your help, i'll give that a go. But i'll be doing the same as that other poor hapless fellow, i've only got illustrator for the mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]