FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Illustrator serial number problem

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah Paley
Adobe Illustrator serial number problem
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:50:24 pm

I just bought Adobe Illustrator CS on ebay. To my dismay, it came without a serial number. I have filed a dispute with the seller, who claims I can get a serial number off the Internet. I have never heard of this. Does anyone know what he's talking about?
Here is the seller's response to my latest email:

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:08 AM
To: Deb Paley
Subject: RE: You've received an answer to your question about itemAdobe Illustrator cs

Search the internet, there are numerous forums and even programs that will give you a usable S/N number. Adobe may even give you one.
joe

>>> "Deb Paley" 6/1/2009 6:04 PM >>>
Are you able to give me a serial number? If not, can you tell me how I can use it without one?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Adobe Illustrator serial number problem
on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:13:53 pm

Sounds like a bad seller. Saying you can get a serial 'off the internet' is wrong.
Maybe you could call Adobe to see if they have a solution to acquire the serial that is linked to the disc you have, the serial that 'you lost'.

Vince

Return to posts index

Deborah Paley
on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:51:46 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Aug 30, 2009 at 3:33:23 am

Before buying from eBay (or anywhere previously used) Adobe has a transfer of ownership form on their site (http://www.adobe.com/support/service/transowner.html).

Get the seller to complete this prior to shipping software and receiving payment.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Deborah Paley
on Aug 30, 2009 at 12:39:45 pm

I will do this from now on. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Takacs
on Jun 12, 2009 at 10:24:11 am

Hello
To get what you need just call Adobe and they will give it to you can get the phone number at http://www.adobe.com

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
on Aug 29, 2009 at 2:16:13 pm

What the guy, "Joe" did is illegal, he sold you a worthless cd, when you buy any software from Adobe or pretty much any other software developer what you actually by is the license not the cd. If he was honest he would have sent you the actual serial number along with some proof that the software was uninstalled and deactivated from his computer. By sending you the cd alone it is clear that he want to profit from something that he is not allowed to.

Your chances of success with Adobe are very slim. Pretty much all you can do is flag this seller with eBay and maybe report it to the authorities for selling pirated products.

Don't ever buy software from eBay, if it looks to good to be true, then it is!!. If Adobe's prices seem too expensive, try Amazon, Macmall or Adorama, but you will get a couple hundred bucks off tops, anyone claiming to have a legal copy for less than half the original price is trying to ripping you off.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]