FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shape

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Oelmann
Shape
on May 24, 2009 at 6:24:52 pm

Hi

I'm trying to recreate a shape that I got from a live trace of a jpeg in Illustrator & it just doesn't seem to be happening!

I've tried creating my own brush - but it's not even close..

Any ideas - i'm sure anyone competent with the pen tool can whisk this up in seconds - I just can't seem to get it right...

Below is the link to a jpeg of the shape - i need to try & get it as close as possible to stay consistent with the rest of the design...

I'd appreciate any help...

http://www.aboutsal.com/images/shape.jpeg

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Shape
on May 24, 2009 at 6:48:32 pm

Check the link.

I got a 404 error, page not found.

Vince

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on May 24, 2009 at 7:12:13 pm

I changed jpeg to jpg and found the image.

I ran it through Live Trace/Tracing Options: Color, 2 Colors, Path Fitting 1 or 2, Minimum Area 0, Corner Angle 0.

It looked pretty good.

Vince

Return to posts index

Simon Oelmann
on May 25, 2009 at 10:48:57 am

Thanks for looking Vince.

I ran it through Live Trace using those settings - the top part looks nearly perfect but the bottom part (to the right) looks slightly wonky...

The shape is going into a logo - so if it is viewed at any size - its quite noticable...

Any ideas on how to actually draw it?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on May 25, 2009 at 4:48:51 pm

If you are getting an acceptable result for a portion of it, you could still use the live trace. After the trace, you could expand the object for further editing (Object/Expand).
I also ran the trace with the Color 6 preset, and it looked pretty good. That trace had the sort-of transparent portions, as well.

As far as drawing or modifying the trace, you would use the pen tool to add or remove points and paths. Than, you could use the direct selection tool or the convert anchor tool to move points, or create bezier curves or hard angles.

Anytime you do an illustration, it's an interpretation of what you see. Maybe you want a slightly abstracted form.?

I'm not sure what your proficiency is with illustrator, so I'm being cautious with my explanation.

Vince

Return to posts index

Simon Oelmann
on May 25, 2009 at 5:07:03 pm

sure enough - i expanded the object removed some points & got it 100% as I wanted...

Thanks for your help mate.
Si

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]