FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broken links between mac and PC, about to jump off bridge

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Earthman
Broken links between mac and PC, about to jump off bridge
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:43:54 pm

I work for a medium sized company with another graphic designer, and I have a PC while she has a mac. The problem is the servers are business/PC centric and she has to connect to every time she logs on to an obscure "companynetworkhq-fs1marketing..." folder whereas it simply shows up on my PC as "M:" automatically when I boot up.

Of course the problem with this is that every time we pass illustrator files non-relative path links need to be redone manually. I've tried looking online for plugins or helper tools etc but anything that looks helpful is for Mac only and thus pretty useless for our situation. I've talked to the IT guy but again he doesn't know much about mac's and I don't know if there's a way he can set it up so the drive "looks" the same for both of us or what, so that at least directory structures could be maintained. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Mark Oribello
Re: Broken links between mac and PC, about to jump off bridge
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:23:03 pm

You should be able to mount that particular drive and have the mac remember the address; I'm assuming that she's already using Samba to mount the drive like this:

In the finder: Go -> Connect to Server (or hit cmd-K)

type in the address like this:
smb://servername/directory/directory/ad nauseum

Before you connect, click on the little "+" button next to the address and it'll dump it into the list below.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]