FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator Animation Tutorials

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joerg fuchs
Illustrator Animation Tutorials
on Mar 29, 2009 at 10:53:53 am

hello,

I'm searching for tutorials that are focussing on the Animation possibilities of Illustrator.

My goal is spmething like that
http://shilo.tv/#/work/cartoon+network/

(the sketchy movements of the elijah-piece)

As a good strating point, I found that presentation from an digital kitchen creative...
http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1523v1198

Tutorials etc that are going a bit deeper in the technical task would be great and welcome.

best regards!
jc

Return to posts index

adolf witzeling
Re: Illustrator Animation Tutorials
on Apr 1, 2009 at 9:28:43 pm

hi JC,
Illustrator is not really an animation program. Illustrator can help set up vector illustrations for further processing or animation in programs like Flash, AE, or even Photoshop (as smart objects).
If you are looking for tutorials, a good place to start, besides the Creative Cow, of course, is Lynda(dot)com.
I don't think a few quick free tutorials will get you deep enough into this kind of animation. Their fees are very reasonable and very well worth the it. You can cancel any time without hassle. I've been using Lynda for years.
If I had to choose I would use Flash for the vector animations, and AE for the rest. But I bet there are many ways to pull this off....just my 2 cents worth...
cheers,
Adolf

Return to posts index

joerg fuchs
Re: Illustrator Animation Tutorials
on Apr 1, 2009 at 9:49:19 pm

hi adolf,

I guess you're right. There are many ways to get that 2D-Animations.
But I want that special Illustrator-Task. I purchased at lynda for 2 years now, but quit a few days ago, because the courses there are always a good point to start, but I missed the"advanced" touch in most applications.

In Illustrator u can prepare them for animation in AE – you spread them on different layers.

Very interesting for me to get the vectorgraphic world from AI, with a sketchtouch over to AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]